You’ve tried to postpone searching for a new mattress again, but you’re aware of the fact that you can’t go on like that forever? Good, we’ll make it a little bit easier for you.
Even though there are many high-quality mattresses out there on the market and all of them have a lot of pros, this mattress is special and has everything you need in one place.
If softness, comfort and great support is your first thought when you think of mattresses, you should include Helix Sunset Luxe mattress into your top mattresses list.
Another great product from a popular brand Helix, the Sunset Luxe mattress might solve all your problems.
However, to make sure if the Helix mattress is the right choice for you, read the rest of the article and find out everything you need to know about it
Helix Sunset Luxe has four foam layers in combination with zoned pocket coils.
Unlike some high-quality firm and medium-firm mattresses such as IKEA Hovag mattress, this is a high-quality soft mattress that offers a trial period of 100 nights, which should be enough for you to decide if it is the right one for you.
The price for this mattress starts from $995, with various discounts available and depends on the size of the mattress.
It also comes with a 15-years warranty.
It is ideal for side sleepers, while the back and stomach sleepers might be more satisfied with some other Helix mattresses.
The Helix Sunset Luxe mattress is 14 inches high and comes with contouring memory foams, a pillow-top and a support core of zoned pocket springs.
There are two memory foams inside the mattress, designed for a contouring and soft feel. These layers are what makes the Sunset Luxe mattress special and different from other Helix products.
Layers for comfort
Comfort layers of this mattress include the top cover, quilted pillow-top and three foam layers.
The top cover is made of tencel fabric, plant-based fabric, breathable and silky smooth to touch.
The cover has a small layer of polyfoam quilted in it to create a soft feel when you touch the mattress.
The first foam layer is a soft-feel, gel-infused memory foam, made for contouring to your pressure points.
This is the softest foam among Helix mattresses and the gel infusion draws body heat away. That way, it regulates and keeps your temperature on the right level during the night.
The second foam layer is memory foam for better pressure relief, ensuring you don’t sink too far into the mattress.
Finally, the third foam layer serves as a transition between the pocket coils and memory foams.
Layers for support
Support layers of this mattress are individually wrapped pocket coils with zoning and the base of the mattress.
The coils are soft under your shoulders and firm under your hips, which keeps your body aligned as you sleep.
They’ve been reinforced around the edge for better edge support.
The base of the mattress is made of high-density polyfoam and is made for pocket coils to sit on.
Pros and Cons
Just like any other mattress, the Helix Sunset Luxe mattress has its good and bad sides.
Pros of this mattress are:
- this is a high-quality soft mattress, just like the Saatva Mattress, which is very rare to find
- it has a 15-years warranty, which is much longer than a standard 10-year warranty
- it’s ideal for side sleepers, as it has the contouring foam for support
- the support coils are perfect for pressure relief
- excellent value for money
Cons of this mattress are:
- the Helix Sunset Luxe is more expensive than standard Helix mattress models
- the mattress might not be the best one for back and stomach sleepers, as it has the contouring foam that is best suited for side sleepers
Helix Sunset Luxe vs. Standard Helix Mattress
The price for all Helix Luxe mattresses starts at around $995, while the lowest price for standard models is $600.
Compared to the standard models, with the Helix Luxe you’ll get:
- the mattress with 2 extra inches of height – Standard Helix models are 12 inches high and the Luxe models are 14 inches high
- the standard models don’t have a quilted pillow-top as the Helix Luxe has
- the Helix Luxe model comes with a tencel cover that is silky smooth and is usually used only in premium mattresses
- the standard models don’t have the gel memory foam layer
In other words, even though the price is bigger for the Helix Sunset Luxe mattress, it’s definitely worth your money.
It means that the qualities you get by buying this mattress dominate the potential cons.